twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

I got my wisdom teeth removed...?

i just got my wisdom teeth removed about 4 hours ago and it hurts like hell! my face has swelled up to the size of like a watermelon.it feels like my jaw is broken and i cant even speak a word. how long till the swelling goes away? how long until it heals? how long until the pain goes away? should i call my dentist if it still hurts tomorrow? i really want to eat but i cant even close or open my mouth. i cant drink anything without it coming out of my mouth. what do i do?
Answer:
Relax. Just take those pain meds they gave you. And try to sleep. Best thing for the first day. Mine were not that deep so I was good to go the next day. I went to work 2 days after they took them out. Felt great...looked like a chipmunk though. lol. You will not be able to open you mouth all the way for a week! Just keep opening it as much as you can a couple times a day.when the pain stops that is. ICE use ice...it will bring down the swelling and helps the pain to go away in that area. Just make sure that you change the stuff they put in your mouth and don't spit; it will open the cuts and the bleeding will start again. Speaking of which, don't drink the blood and the yellow stuff. It will make you sick. But all that sounds like how I felt after four hours. Not a fun time, but it will pass. Good luck.
Eat cold stufff
Take the pain pills they should have given you and you should be fine by Monday morning. You may still have a dull ache then but you will be fine by Monday.
Did they give you any drugs for pain? If not, call them right now and get something that will pretty much just make you want to sleep for a couple days-- being unconscious is much better than being miserable.
For now use pain killers and it should be better by tomorrow
you should take a pain killer and try to go to sleep thats what i did when I got four teeth pulled i know it isn't the same but my friend got hers removed and she did the same thing but it hurt her for alomost 2 weeks.
you will feel it for a few days. Whatever you do don't drink out of a straw...you can dislodge the clots and form dry sockets...if you think you are in pain now a dry socket will be the end of you
you did not say if you had stitches or not. you should have mild to moderate pain after extractions and the dds should have given you pain meds. cold drinks and soft foods like icecream, yogurt, eggs, soup...not hot!!! if you have no stitches anything hot could dislove the blood clot, also no smoking or drinking through a straw, no persing your lips. the clot forms on the top of the site and needs to heal. you will be fine. rest and all the cold drinks will help you. good luck to you
You should call your dentist did they give you any discharge instructions? Did they give you anything for pain? I know when my sister-in laws jaw was broken she use to get baby food (fruit) and drink it through a straw, but that would probably hurt you too. Hope you feel better but you need to call the dentist
1] take a pain killer every 8 hours for the next two days. If the doc didn't give you one, call him and take a motrin while you are waiting.Tell him how big your face is - like, cheeks wider than
your forehead?
2] wrap some frozen veggies on a ziploc bag, cover with a paper towel, and ice your face! 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off, for the next two days.
3] Don't use a straw! Use a teaspoon to eat tiny amounts of liquids or soft solids - ice cream, pudding, mashed potatoes,
pureed veg or meat [ nothing with chunks ].
P.S. my face did the same thing - I couldn't even get a shirt over my head, and looked like I had been in a terrible car accident. I lost ten pounds in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net