twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

I frequently keep passing out for mere seconds at a time during my studying...?

I just randomly pass out, most of the time my eyes are still open when it happens, and it usually happens when I'm studying by my own will. It happens a lot less often, yet still a lot, when I'm studying against my will. Most of the time, I even dream while I'm passed out, usually seeing words in my books that aren't really there, and when I regain consciousness, I at most remember half of what I dreamt. It can't be boredom, because I am quite interested in what I'm reading, and I was not noticeably tired at the time. Others have noticed me twitching slightly while I regain consciousness, so it gets a little embarrassing, but I am more concerned about getting my studying done, and to a slightly lesser degree, my health. Anyone got any ideas?
Answer:
Get regular sleeping and waking hours, regardless of whether you 'feel' sleepy.

Also eat small, frequent meals that are well balanced and high in fiber and protein, low in sugars, simple carbs and fat. Eat 4 to 6 times a day. This will stabilize your blood sugar, and stop you from passing out.

Good luck with your studies!
You need to get to a cardiologist. When you pass out it means your heart isn't getting enough blood to your brain. This could be a sign of dangerous, yet treatable, condition.
Could it be petite-maul seizures? Might want to get checked out for epilepsy. I had lots of seizures while in grade school. I found out later that it was related to my estranged father's epilepsy. Sometimes it can grow into full fledged epilepsy in your middle 20's or, in my case, bypass ya altogether. Good to see your doc about it, though.
I'm not trying to scare you but it kinda sounds like epilepsy. Go to your regular doctor and ask him to refer you to neuro-doctor so they can give you the proper diagnosis.
Time to see a physician to evaluate what the problem is.
Are you getting enough sleep?!?!?! Even if you're not "feeling" tired, your body could be exausted, especially if you've been drinking a lot of caffeine (you may not feel tired even if you are.)

It sounds like you're having micro-sleeps. Generally when you faint you don't dream and don't realize you've fainted unless you're laying on the floor or have fallen.
Micro-sleeps occur when you're so sleep deprived that you kind of nod off. It happens a lot when people drive. Your eyes don't always shut during these episodes.
If you sit hunched over while studying or study for long periods of time, your blood may not be flowing to all of the places it needs to be. Passing out generally occurs when the brain is not getting enought oxygen. Be sure to shift the postion you are sitting in often. If you are studying for long periods of time, get up and walk around for a minute or so. Make sure you've eaten and are hydrated. This could end up to be your problem. If it continues or gets worse, then definately get in touch with your doctor. It could be more serious than you think. But first try moving around and letting the blood flow and allowing oxygen to get where it needs to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net