twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

I get jittery when flying..which prescription meds can i ask from a doctor?

every few years i have to do a return trip flight of 24 hours (12 hours each). the whole time i feel paranoid, and super sensitive. the noise, and all the people (espcially when someone so much as taps my chair) just bombard me, and i can't even fall asleep. so i just sit there for 12 hours going "i want to die", and telling off the kid that keeps bumping my chair.

is there any prescription medication that i can ask my doctor as just a one off thing to sedate me when flying?

p.s: i can't afford anythig but economy class, so no suggestions on upgrading thanks.
Answer:
Valium, Xanax, Klonipin...but if you want something natural that will help, try some valerian root one day. It calms your nerves, and makes you very sleepy.
I feel the same way on a plane. My problem is I'm very emetophobic and always afraid someone on the plane might have motion sickness and throw up. I am just on edge the entire time and constantly scanning my surroundings to make sure nobody is about to throw up. This is what I do to help. I take Dramamine before a flight. It's a motion sickness medicine that relaxes you and makes you sleepy. Sometimes I'll nap on the plane because of the Dramanine. I also like to listen to the headphones on my Ipod to drown out all of the sounds around me. Maybe you could try these things.
My friend swears by Xanax. Ask your doctor for a Rx!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net