twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

I get dizzy and short of breath when I stand up from...?

A sitting or laying down position. If I stand up suddenly My whole head spins and my heart races and I get short of breath but goes away after about 30 seconds.
I have been eating normal lately, like 3 meals a day with snacks...so lack of food can't be the problem.
Any suggestions on why this is happening...? Anyone else have it happen to them...? If so, what did you do about it...?
Thanks
Answer:
before getting up from sitting or lying down always do mini exercises . When sitting do stretches and flap your arms. when lying down do the bicycle and lightly massage your arms and legs. you can shrug your shoulders each position too.
this is a very common problem and is usually caused by blood pressure dropping. Try sitting for a minute before you stand up and stand up slowly it should help.
That happens to me on average only like 3 or 4 times a year and usualy only when I am sick and still weak ,but it is exactly what you derscribed.I would just try to stand up more slowly.

Perhaps you should see a doctor about this if it happens every time.
Assuming your not pregnant it sounds like you either have low blood pressure or your blood may be too thin. I forget the medical term for thin blood but my ex wife had the same problem.
This always happens to me!! Its so odd but i usually stand still, hold on to something and try breath normally sorry but i don't no what it is!!
This happens to me a lot. I just have to get up slowly. Sometimes I just have to sit back down. I'm not sure exactly what causes it, but someone told me it was from low blood pressure which would make sense because my blood pressure is always low.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net