twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

I changing from a day job to an over night job. How do I help my body change sleeping cycles?

I am going to be starting an overnight position. What are some good ways to help my body adjust and help myself to stay up. In a healthy way. My hours will be 11pm to 7am.
Answer:
i did the same thing a couple months ago. The key is to keep your sleep pattern all week no matter what. do NOT do the whole "it's the weekend, i have to catch up on sleep" thing. that only wrecks your body's adaptation to your new hours. go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time each and every day. soon night will seem like day and it will feel so normal for you.
Depending on when you are starting, try going to bed later and later everyday. Maybe 30min later every night, or close to that till you are more adjusted. Humans are not a night species, so your body will really never be fully adjusted. Sometimes you just have to tough it out the first week on less sleep, but the body is very forgiving, so don't stress to much.
When I started working my third shift job close to 7 years ago, I was able to make the transition by sleeping in the afternoons. My shift starts at 10 p.m. so generally speaking I go to bed at noon and I set the alarm for 8:30 p.m. Granted I feel this works for me because I am not married and don't have any kids of my own. I generally have breakfast when I wake up because as they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it does help me jump start my night. I also tend to keep the same sleeping hours each and every day even on the weekends. I think the best advice I can give is try to stick to a particular routine. Good luck working the night shift.
I麓ve been working at night during 3 years and I have to say that u never going be fully adapted working at night...My hours its the same of yours.U can work normally at night but it麓s hard to do well other things like study during the day. Remember to eat something not too heavy during the night it helps not to getting your asleep worse

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net