twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

I constanty have flem in my throat, what is wrong?

Im not sick and havent been sick for the past two years, but ever since I can remember, I have always had very white flem in my throat and it makes me gag in the morning and when I run or excersize. Does anyone know what this is or am I the only one?
Answer:
If you eat a lot of dairy products they have been known to cause that. Also, caffeine will do the same thing, I know I am constantly clearing my throat as well after having several cups of coffee or anything which contains caffeine. If you eat a lot of dairy or things like coffee, chocolate or any number of things which contain caffeine I would suggest you stop any or all of them for a few days and see if it doesn't make a difference for you. Good Luck!
If the phlegm is clear, it is no problem. Just irrigate your throat (and gargle) with saline solution at nights and in the mornings. Some antihistamines may be of help as well.
If its color changes to yellowish green or grey,or foamy and accompanied by some other symptoms, you should be examined clinically.
I don't have an answer as to what it is or why it is... but you aren't the only one... I have a similar thing happen when I exercise... I have to drink soda in order for it to go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net