twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

I got glasses!! first time i realised im getting old!!?

never needed glasses in my life and i got away with it for a long time considering the rest of the family including my children, have had them most of there lives...
So the kids i'v tried to teach how to use them and to wear them cause thats wot the doc has told them to do...
Now its my turn ... oh my god no wonder they gave me such a hard time over not wanting to wear theres. this is really hard . need them for PC and reading ... and yes i can see the keyboard an screen better...
But how long dose it take before ya stop looking over/under them instead of through them?
its so confusing!!
Answer:
Oh pet, I've had to wear them since being 18 months old and I was 50 last month! It won't take too long before you get used to them though. Then again, I had to get bifocals 3 years ago and I still get into a mess with them, my family rock with laughter when they see me try to read something cos instead of moving my head I lift the paper/book up and down!
welcome to the Zimmers club
There is no problem !!
Thinkers and authors put their glasses without any confusion!
Are you better than them?
I was in my late forties when i realised i needed glasses for reading now at fifty one i wouldn't be able to read without them its the first sign of getting older
I only need them for reading .Now when i need them i just put them on vanity has gone out the window
I gather you need them for close work--it will like that until you need specs for long distance too.I use reading specs too I wear them on my head until I am completly finished using them --give it a try.good luck.in life you can always find a easy way around things.
Give it a few days and you will start to get used to them.
The worst is when you have bifocals, it is so difficult at first ,you keep looking through the reading part when you are walking, it throws you off balance. I fell down a flight of stairs in a store, felt really stupid.
Good luck with them !
old?
nowadays, kids as young as 10 and below already have to wear glasses..
join the crowd... when I hit mid 40s I needed them and my kids were taking bets with each other wether I needed bifocals or not. DR said I should but I could get away with just "reading" glassed for now.. since then I wish I had gotten the bifocals.
Guess next year when I have them checked again, I'll be getting them.
it is confusing at first, but before you know it you will get used to them. some people may take a week, some even longer.
i was in denial for a long time, before i got used to them.
i don't recommend laser eye surgery, because vision keep changing with age, but it is an option in some cases, and you could try contacts lenses too but contacts sometimes are harder to put on and take off until you get used to it. Good luck.
It took me years to get properly accustomed to specs; needed them first for reading then had to accept that my distance vision was deteriorating. Had 2 pairs - one for reading, one for driving, etc. What a pain!
When I needed a new prescription I decided to push out the proverbial boat and went for varifocals which were also photochromic (having spent that much I just had to wear them!). It was the photochromic bit which made it easy - I didn't have to bother with sun specs any more - no clip ons to fuss with, and I could continue to read in bright light with my magnified "sun specs".
Just bear with it, you will get to the point where it is automatic to reach for the double-glazing as soon as you've pulled the T-shirt or sweater over your head.
By the way, welcome to "the over the hill club"!
(Hill? What hill? I didn't see any hill!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net