twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

I fractured my ankle 4/14/07, i know i am dealing with a sprain now...but do i still need to get an MRI?

I barely started walking on my ankle this sunday, the 20th. I've been wearing a fracture boot, and it hurts a little but not too bad. My doc said that I should still get an MRI, if I am healing well.....so far, do i still need to have one after a month and half of breaking? wouldn't it have made sense to get it as soon as i broke it. I also don't have any insurance, so an MRI...is very expensive. I just don't know...i feel like im healing fine, so if i decide to get the MRI, then thats about 1500 out of my pocket...i don't even make that in a month. Help please!
Answer:
Tell bozo doctor to pay for it then. More info is needed to know what kind of fracture you have. MR is going to tell if the ligs were torn. You can shop around for mri prices letting them know you have no insurance. Mine was about $600

No it is not needed but if the ankle is still a problem after a few months it may be worth it.

At this point in time there would be no need to get a MRI for the break. Only to check the condition of ligaments. mri if for soft tissue not bone.
If I were you I would take an MRI...listen to your doctor or get a SECOND opinion. You would still need it because they would have to look at the bones and tissues...I know it is a sacrifice, but it is better to do it now and prevent something than regret it later...you can do it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net