twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

I don't wash my feet/toes, what are possible lifelong effects?

It occurred to me, that ever since I switched from childhood baths to adult showers, that I never scrub my feet with soap. I tend to start with the smelly armpits working down, but always stop around the knees. My philosphy is that the water running down unto said feet and standing in the water is good enough, but is it?
Answer:
Just as dead skin cells are sluffed off your body when you scrub and wash, your feet need to sluff off dead skin cells as well.
Trapped bacteria can and will cause that bacteria to grow and who knows what bacteria you have and what foot problems you can encounter.
Fungus,bacteria combined with your feet being in shoes all day can cause smelly feet. . . .I would have to say that having to treat a nuisance foot bacteria,toenail fungus would be what you have to look forward to if you continue this practice.
I would think that if you be sure to dry between your toes then you will be ok. If you don't you will get athlete's foot and that is painful.
You reeeeealy need to scrub your feet. There are tons of bacteria on the feet. You should scrub with a wash cloth and soap. Make sure to dry them well so that more bacteria will not grow on your damp feet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net