twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I have a five month old who weighed 13 lbs at her last visit, she is sick and can' t nurse?

I want to give her a decongestant because nothing else will work, I don't know how much to give her. Please help! She's miserable poor baby. She doesn't have any medical issues or illnesses if that helps. I was going to give Robitussin, but there is no dosage for children under 2 years old.
Answer:
Here are things you can use:
Vicks Plug Ins
Saline Nose drops (Little Noses)
Breastmilk in her nose
Going into the bathroom and running the shower. The steam will help unplug her.
Buy a nose sucky thing and suck the junk out of her nose.
Run a vaporizer in the room she is in (close the door if possiable)
Boil water, turn off and put a few drops of essential oil in it.
Good luck and I hope she feels better.
When my daughter was an infant and got congested this is what I did. We would go in the bathroom, and I would run the shower very hot, and let it get steamy in the bathroom. It would help break it up, and I got that from a Dr. Spock book. OTC medicines usually won't give you any recommended doses for babies, but you can ask a pharmacist what he would recommend. Call a pharmacy that is open, and ask him how much you should give. My ex had a friend who was a pharmacist, and he was a big help.
I don't think that doctor's recommend giving a baby that young any type of medicine. You should call a pharmacy or call your baby's doctor before you do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net