twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I have a blood disorder which requires expensive medication each month ($2500/mo). Help!?

My husband and I both have full-time jobs, so we aren't eligible for prescription assistance. However, we simply cannot afford this medication every month for a year. Are there any options for me (programs, etc) that could make this medication more affordable? Changing/taking myself off the medicine is unfortunately not an option at this time.
Answer:
You can check with the manufacturer of the medicine and see if they have a program that you qualify for, and you can look into the Medicaid Spend Down program. You have to ask about it by name at your Medicaid office. It's a way to get help with medical bills even if you make too much money to qualify for Medicaid. Here's a link for more info:
http://www.mfy.org/facts_mh_medicarecaid...

Good luck!
Don't you have medical insurance thru one of your jobs? If not you may have to take out a loan. Sounds radical and expensive, but you sound as if you can't live without this medicine.
Me and my wife both work full time and make too much to get ANY help. I have ordered my meds online for years and never regretted it. Two great sites i can personally vouch for are http://www.4-rx.net
http://www.xlpharmacy-rx.com
4-rx carries 500 meds in their generic forms for the cheapest prices anywhere.
Xl Pharmacy-Rx carries 600 meds. SO between the two, hopefully one will work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net