twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I have "colds" which actually clogs my nose no I can only breath 1 nostril. Any tips?

What should I do to stop it? Is it because we use the air-conditioner too much? (By the way, Im in the Philippines) Should I drink medicine or I should stay away from the air-conditioner?
Answer:
Try and avoid the air conditioner, and make sure the air you breathe is moist - have a bowl of hot water near you (a steam inhaler would be better). Add some essential oils like eucalyptus, thyme, oil of wintergreen, peppermint to the water keeps the air a little cleaner and helps clear teh sinuses for some people.

Smelling some essential oils can help some people. I use oil of wintergreen and peppermint; just a few drops on handkerchief, and smell it occassionally. Thyme oil can be added, and helps kill bugs.

Avoid dairy products, wheat products and bananas as they can all increase mucus production.

Horseradish, garlic and fenugreek all help reduce mucus and inflammation. A health food shop in your area might have tablets containing all three.

I hope your sinus congestion resolves soon.
It has nothing to do with air conditioner. Use nasil spray to unclog ur nose.
You also may be confusing your "COLDS" with allergies. IF that's the case, pop some allergy meds.
Try using a fan for a couple of days. the AC might be too strong for you. Steam in the bath should help loosen up your nostril. The warm moisture will help loosen up the clog.You should also try turning down the AC.
I suspect it might actually be an allergy. Try an over-the-counter allergy medication and see if it helps. If it does, consult your doctor to find out what it is that you are allergic to. Good luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net